I apologise to those currently partaking in Dry January, I’m afraid you’ll have to bookmark this Blueberry Gin Fizz Cocktail for 1st Feb! However, I definitely think that the winter months are hard enough as it is without the occasional indulgent treat.
This lovely cocktail recipe was concocted for me one Friday night after a long week, when he was evidently vying for the #1 boyfriend award. What a good egg. Sometimes there’s nothing more that you want than someone to make you a fancy gin based cocktail and sink into the blanket pile on the sofa in front of the fire!
It may be a little fiddly and have a few more ingredients than your go-to G&T, but believe me this blueberry gin fizz is worth it for a special occasion (even if that special occasion just happens to be getting to the weekend in once piece!)
Ingredients (per cocktail)
- 50ml Gin
- 1 tbsp Blueberry Jam (Go get the Bon Maman compote because you totally deserve it, and it’s divine on toast for breakie the next day!)
- Crushed Ice
- Half a freshly squeezed lemon
- 12 Blueberries
- Fresh Thyme
- Prosecco or Tonic to taste
- Muddle Blueberry jam, 6 fresh blueberries, lemon juice and a small spring of thyme in a cocktail shaker.
- Add cubed ice and gin and shake vigorously
- Fill a low-ball glass (whiskey tumbler) with crushed ice
- Pour in the cocktail mix through a cocktail sieve
- Top with either Prosecco or Tonic, depending on how sassy you’re feeling
- Garnish your Blueberry Gin Fizz with a sprig of thyme and remaining fresh blueberries.
Whether to jazz up a dark blustery evening or surprise your party guests with a fun tipple when they arrive, gin cocktails are definitely not reserved for the summer months and this blueberry/jam/thyme/lemon fizz will do just the trick.